Chili tastes great the day after you make it, but having a bowl of chili for lunch or dinner is only one way to eat up the leftovers. Why not try having chili for breakfast? This recipe for chili eggs makes a hearty breakfast bake that’s sure to help you wake up and face the day!
- 4 cups of leftover chili
- 4-6 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Tortillas or tortilla chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Get out a heavy, oven-safe skillet and put it on the stove. Put the chili in the pan and heat it to a simmer.
- Use a big spoon to make indentations in the chili where the eggs will go. Crack an egg into each indentation, then sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Put the skillet in the oven and let it bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until the eggs are cooked how you like them.
- Grab some potholders and pull the pan out of the oven. Top your chili eggs with sliced avocado and tortilla chips or tortillas.